Monday, December 10, 2012

Drinks with "D" suspect

I was nervous. I didn't know what to expect. Why did I agreed to meet with him? I know he is an exact copy of D. The face and voice that Legion uses for me. The nightmare man, the one who haunted me for, I don't even know how long. He is the one that have caused countless tragedies for me and others. This is the face that wish I could torture. The face that I want to choke until his last breath is taken. I prepared myself not to choke Dante, no matter how he looks like. Or even if he deserved it. He is still innocent before proven guilty.

I met him in the city, Saturday. On the phone, he said he wanted to talk about Candle Cove. Last time, I saw him. He thought my problems were fake. An incredible fable and he wanted to write it as a movie. Bizarre guy, really.

I went to the bar. He was with a friend. If I'm not mistaken, his name is Isaac. He looks about the same age as Dante. Nice guy, really. Dante explained to him, who I was. Isaac said, "Don't take him serious. He could be..." "Hey." Dante interrupted him. "Just saying." Isaac replied. I was amused. No. I started to smirk. I haven't smile in a while.  Hmmm, I know I'm twice their age, but I felt both of them were really nice guys. Even though Dante is a character, but trustworthy.

I felt safe. So I decided to drink, enjoy myself. We talked about Candle Cove. This time, not in a bad way. They didn't know about the dangers or the abominations. So I didn't feel right, talking about it in a negative light. Hell, this show disappeared from the masses. Almost no concrete information about it exist.

Dante said it reminds him of old show about pirates, but he said it wasn't Candle Cove. Something black waters, but he mentioned that Candle Cove feels a bit adult in some parts. He then said that what makes a good show. He asked me about Brandon, I forgot I mentioned his name the last time I saw him.

 I only mentioned he was a childhood friend that I lose recently. Dante looked at me, curiously. He mentioned, "How you mentioned that name last time. Is like you are blaming me for it?" I stopped. I was thinking.

"Should I tell him? Should talked about his doppelganger."

My mind was racing to think of an answer.

"Should I lie?"

Dante laughs.

"Don't worry, man. I would blame everyone, if one of my good friends die." 

I was relief. He order a three shots. He then said, "Isaac is buying." Dante smiles. We toast for our friends, living or dead. Then something happened. I could hear something in the back of my mind. I could hear a lullaby, I was looking around if it was the radio. Why would a bar play a lullaby? Dante and Isaac looked at me.

Who was playing that lullaby?

I asked if they can hear it. Dante replied, "I know. This song is pretty fucking awful." They couldn't hear it. I excused myself and went to the bathroom. I could still hear it. No, it was changing. I was washing my face trying to calm down. I looked in the mirror. I saw D behind me. He smiled. I looked behind me, he wasn't there. I looked back at the mirror. I saw that desert again. I could hear gunshots. I could hear children laughing. They are mocking me. Calling me, names.

Is D really Dante? No, how could he changed clothes and hair lengths in a span of a minute. I keep looking at the battlefield playing in the mirror. I could hear loud bangs. Thump, thump, thump. I didn't know what's going on? I closed my eyes. In that darkness, I saw it. My imaginary friend. This time surrounded by children. This children looked like.

It couldn't be. Their feet, they looked like roots. As if they are trees. I opened my eyes to find a message in the mirror.

"Soon."

Soon? Soon for what? I heard the thumps. It was the bathroom door. How long was I out? I opened it, it was Isaac. He asked, if I was okay. You were there for an hour.

An hour? How? I said, I was fine. He also said, that Dante left. Something to do with his girlfriend. I apologized for freak them out. After one more drink with Isaac, I went home. I found in my kitchen table a shoe box. I walked slowly towards it.

There they go again.

I opened it. It was burn photographs and documents. I didn't understand. I check the button of box. It said.

"R apocryphal vita."

Huh?  I need to rest, after that. I didn't know how to post this, well, post. I think I need to contact her again. Hmm, I got an idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment