Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Drink

During our off time, if you can call that. We could go to the town and just enjoy our freedom. We had this "local" bar, that must of us hang out. It was fun, if you can ignored the stares. We had the victory drinks, the best in my opinion. This time it was for saving them from an event I don't remember. They said my eyes were different, as they picture a perfect soldier. Soulless, but dedicated. The perfect follower. I laugh and said in the heed of the moment anything can happened. We drank, we laugh, we talked about our past sexual relationships, we talked about what was waiting for us. That feeling of thinking to see you loved ones again.

Not knowing what we are doing, only wishing the same as us. To hold each other, to joke, to play our family games. Those little moments are precious, when we don't have to worried about our CO. Everything was normal. Someone bought me a drink. This man. This young man who maybe from the village. I walk toward him. He was wearing black boots and this black long trench looking jacket. It was 100 something degrees. He wasn't sweating. He smiled. I thanks him for the drink.

He didn't respond. He was staring at the radio. I was weird it out, as young people would say. I tried to listen to it. It was a familiar jingle. The young man was winkling his finger in the beat of the jingle. I remember it, oh so well. It couldn't be. It was the opening song of Candle Cove. The man saw my remembrance of it. He started laughing and he grab my arm. He told me "Is it lovely? Your call has been answer. Stupid doctor, your kids still respond to us."

 I tried to talk back, I tried to move away. I'm a soldier, why I'm scared. He doesn't look that strong, but I felt weak. I couldn't move, I was his slave. He looked straight into me, he start laughing.  He then said "Too soon." I was thinking why hasn't my comrade hasn't help me. The guy let me go. He then walked away, I looked at him when he was nearing the exit. I saw a forest, he disappeared. I blinked, in the darkness of my blink I saw my imaginary friend again. I open my eyes. I looked back at the radio, it was broken. It looked broken for ages. I came back to my comrades, I ask if they saw the young man. They said, they haven't seen no one. They thought I needed some space to recollect. That man I met today, this wasn't the last time I would see him. Hell, I believed this wasn't our first meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment