Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Imaginary Friend and My Boogeyman

When I was seven or eight , after I watched the show. I used to hang out with my friends. We used to play hide and seek. We all had this imaginary friend, he always finds us. If I were to described him, I would say he was tall and thin. His face is indistinguishable. Is not that he was faceless? Well, sometimes he did. I know, he sounds scary. He was nice. It talked to us. He was just pleasant.
Sometimes, we go to those woods. To Candle Cove. Where we could have played forever. I found it funny now. How weird those that sounds?

That man I saw on that bar again, I saw him again today. He smiled at me. Then it hit me, I have seen him before. When I was a kid, he haven't aged for thirty years. He always was there. He always smiled, he always wore that black jacket. He wasn't alone. He was always surrounded by the other people. Some wore hoods, others masks, but they were most of the time on the Cove. My imaginary friend protects us from them. Did he? Now that I remember, they always followed or preceded whenever I met my imaginary friend.  Was it real?

Each encounter with my friend, always ended with that man coming closer to me and laughing. Then, I would wake up. He did say something to me. I need to remember. That man is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment